What are you trying to find???

Thursday, September 16, 2010

EAT THIS: Irish Potato Soup

On Monday, we had our weekly girl's night, and it was my Good friend A's turn to make dinner. She delivered with a yummy thick potato soup. It was perfect for an evening just trying to put a bit of a chill in the air-- promise that fall will be here soon! I enjoyed it so much, I asked for the recipe, and it landed in my inbox yesterday. I plan to make it for dinner tonight... but thought I would share first so that you could do the same! Happy eating! YUM.

Irish Potato Soup

¼ C. Butter
2 Large Onions, finely chopped
1½ lbs Potatoes, peeled & diced (golden potatoes recommended)
Salt and Pepper
7 C. Chicken Stock
Fresh Chives for garnish

Melt the butter in a large pan. Add the onions, stirring to coat with butter. Cover and leave to sweat over low heat.
Add the potatoes, stirring to coat with butter. Salt and pepper to taste. Continue cooking, without browning, over low heat for 10 min.
Add chicken stock. Bring to a boil then simmer, uncovered for 20-30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Puree the soup in small batches in a food processor or blender until smooth. Serve hot with fresh chives to garnish.
(We like to add crumbled bacon and sour cream as well. I also thought a little more butter flavor would be good. And of course, good bread for dipping is a must!)
Enjoy : )

For Girls’ Night I doubled the potatoes and butter, but not the onions (they were pretty large onions, though). I also did not double the broth, just used enough to cover the veggies.

No comments:

Post a Comment