What are you trying to find???

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Summertime Salad!

I made this salad for a church potluck a few weeks ago and it met rave reviews! I was pleased that so many people liked it, and so many people asked me for the recipe. This is not a Valerie original recipe... I found it on pinterest, the original source is here. Of course I tweaked it a tiny bit to my liking... so I am reposting her recipe with my changes. (Her food photography is much more beautiful than mine...so you might want to check out the source just for drool-worthy pics of food!) Enjoy!

Grilled Corn and Avocado Salad
(with cilantro vinaigrette)


4  Ears Corn, husk removed, brush with olive oil and grill, remove corn from cob
2 Avocados, diced
juice of 1/2 a lime
2 C. Tomatoes, red and yellow cherry variety (or sometimes I use diced heirlooms... yum)
1 Small red onion, finely diced
¾ C. Feta, crumbled
1 ½ C. English cucumber, skin on and chopped small dice


Pour lime juice over avocado and toss to coat (this will prevent browning) Add to a large bowl and refrigerate until ready to use.

Cilantro Vinaigrette

6 T. Olive oil
3 T. Sherry vinegar
1 t. finely minced garlic (or rub with salt to make a paste)
2 T. Fresh cilantro, minced
½ t. Salt
10 Grinds of fresh ground pepper

Add all of the above ingredients in a small glass jar with a lid. Shake really well. Taste and adjust seasoning and ratios of oil and vinegar as you desire.

When ready to serve salad, add the dressing and gently toss.

No comments:

Post a Comment