What are you trying to find???

Friday, June 22, 2012

Baby Pops

Because I'm all about sharing recipes this week, and because it suddenly got so dang hot out... here's a recipe for Sam's favorite treat.


Sam's Mango Pops

(this is a tough one guys, it's really going to test your culinary skills...)

1 Mango
1/4 cup plain organic yogurt

Cut up mango into chunks and puree in a food processor (or blender), add yogurt and continue to puree until all combined. 
Spoon into popsicle molds, freeze. 
Pop them out on a hot afternoon, and it a nice cool yummy snack for kiddos and mamas alike! They are sweet and cool, so teething Sam loves sucking on them. They are also a lovely yellowish-orange color, so they are pretty to look at. No added sugar or dyes or preservatives. Just cool yummy goodness for my baby boy. We love it!

*I found these Popsicle molds on amazon:
 The loop on the bottom make them easy for baby hands to hold, and they are small enough that it is a reasonable serving size for the little man. They work great! I totaly recommend them!


*I don't buy organic mangoes. All my other fruits and veggies I have given Sam so far have been organic, but Mangoes are #7 on The Clean 15 list... and they are difficult and expensive to find organic... so I am not as concerned about getting them organic as I am say... Strawberries (#3 on The Dirty Dozen! Yikes!). Not sure what the heck I am talking about? Dirty Dozen/Clean 15)

Do you have any cool summer treats you like to make for you or your kiddos? Any healthy frozen treats to share? Any special pops you like to enjoy on a scorching day? Please share.
Stay cool! Happy Summer! :)

2 comments:

  1. Fresh Foods should probably make Sam their sponsor and pay him oodles of money, because he is just so darling holding his little mango pop! We like mangos, too, and relish their Clean-15 status. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice to have that dirty dozen/clean 15 list to create some perspective, huh?
      I think Sam could be the spokesbaby for lots of products out there... but that's just me. :)

      Delete